Blogging is a climbing trend nowadays. So many people have been proving that making money through blogging is possible. Many successful bloggers enjoying their life [traveling, spending time with family, having fun] while a huge amount of money sent to them. Many bloggers also prove that making quick money in the first month of blogging is possible. So if you have decided to build your own empire through blogging, let me congratulate you! Now is the time to take action.
To build a blog, we need a hosting. There are a lot of hosting services out there. But if you want a cheap hosting with great service and 24/7 customer service, I highly recommend Bluehost. I chose Bluehost to build this blog and I’m so happy with my decision. So here I am today to share you the easy way to start a blog using this hosting. Psstt… this is a step-by-step guide so even if you never had any blogging experiences before, you can easily follow the instructions.
BTW, affiliate link(s) is included in this post. See full disclosure here.
STEP 1: Find A ‘Land’ to build your blog
Imagine your blog is a house. If you are about to build a house, firstly, you need to have a land to be the ground. The same thing applies when you are about to build a blog. Your blog is the ‘house’ and a hosting is a land. So you need to be very careful to pick the land. Click here to find a perfect ‘land’ for your blog.
Now you can see the Bluehost website appears in another tab, right? Bluehost is somebody who will provide you the land. Over two million websites have been built on their services.
What else, Bluehost has many features to stun you…
- It is super easy to use and user-friendly, even for beginners!
- Amazing customer support. Imagine you are doing your blog in the middle of the night and accidentally you messed something up on your blog. Who is there to contact? Don’t worry dear, simply contact the customer support right away because they have awesome online chat service available 24/7.
- Huge space for you. So come back to the house-land analogy. When you own a big land, you could build a large house with a large yard. More spaces mean more freedom. Usually, large yards means large money, right? But hey, through Bluehost, with the basic plan you get 50 GIGABYTES OF SPACE for as low as $3.95. Isn’t that crazy?? This is way bigger, bigger space than other hosting companies offer.
- Free domain for the first year (worths $15.99)
Overall, Bluehost is a good way to start a blog.
Good Start is Half the Battle (Plato)
Okay, okay. So you are going to win that battle. Now that you have the Bluehost page opens. Click on the green button that says ‘get started now’.
STEP 2: Choose a plan
After you click the green button I mentioned above, you will see plan options.
Which one should you choose?
I personally clicked on the basic plan when I started this blog.
If you just starting a blog, the basic plan should fit you now. Don’t worry, once your blog goes gigantic, you can upgrade the plan anytime. Remember, all plans come with a FREE domain name for the first year which worths $15.99. Oh yeah!!!
So simply click the green ‘select’ button.
Step 3: Choose A Domain Name
So the hosting is the ‘land’ where you build the blog. The blog is the ‘house’. If somebody wants to get to your house they will need your address. Your domain name is the ‘address’ of your blog/website. It is the address people will type in their browser to get to your blog. For this blog the domain name is onedoessimply.com.
To prevent people from getting lost in finding your blog, make sure your domain name/address is simple and easy to remember. Here are some tips to make a great domain name.
- Make sure your address is easy to spell and pronounce
- Make sure your domain name fits your blogging theme
- Keep it short
- Avoid using numbers and special characters
So type your domain name inside the box. Choose the extension. Then click the next button.
Step 4: Create your account
Simply fill in the columns with your information. Remember to double check especially your email address because it is where your log in details will be sent.
Below the account details, you can find a package information. Choose the length of your plan. Pssttt.. the longer the plan, the cheaper the monthly rate gets. So I highly recommend the 36-month plan. Of course, you can choose the 12-months plan but for the subsequent years, you need to renew at a high price.
If you are a personal blogger, I recommend you to tick the domain privacy box.
Why do you need a domain privacy?
Domain privacy protection is a service to keep your personal details (name and address) won’t show publicly in the WHOIS database. I think it is an obligatory feature for personal blogger. But if you registered as a company and you display your address on your website, domain privacy is a waste of money.
After that, provide your payment details. Read and check the terms of service box and click the submit button
Welcome to Bluehost!
Now, to keep your account safe, you need to create a password. No matter how funny or great your password is, don’t forget to write the password down to your blogging planner (click here to download). Because who will remind you your exact password if you forgot, by the way?
After choosing your password, don’t forget to read and tick the terms of service.
Then, click next.
HURRAYY!! You’ve successfully created a new password. Now log in to your account by clicking the blue button.
STEP 5: Start Building Your Blog
Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! You have the ground. You have the address. Now it’s time to build the ‘house’!
Like building a house, there are options to build a blog. You can do it yourself from scratch like digging up for the foundation and putting the bricks one by one. But hey, there is another option which is a lot easier!
Just let someone help us to build it! And who is there to help us build the blog? There are tons of choices. But to me, the best is WordPress. One more amazing thing from Bluehost is, you can have WordPress installed on your blog with one click!
Right after you log in to your site…(WOW NOW YOU HAVE A SITE!).. Bluehost will offer you free themes to choose. Now you might be feeling like..OMG, OMG, which one should I pick?!!
Calm down, baby. Calm down.
Just pick the one that catches your eye first. Because you can change it anytime later.
Either you choose or you skip the theme options, you will be directed to ‘start building’ button.
AND WELCOME TO THE DASHBOARD OF YOUR SITE.
On the right side, you will be asked if you want to set up a business or personal site. I recommend you to skip this and click on the I don’t need help link. However, you can proceed to the help zone but you will need to face many questions.
On the left side, you will see a dark column.. that is your WordPress menu. Who are they?
- Post : this is the house of all of your blog posts. You can create, edit, and delete your posts through this button.
- Media : this is the house of the photos, videos, and PDFs in your blog.
- Pages : this is the house of all of your pages. At a glance, it might be similar to the blog post, but pages have static nature, not listed by date, and cannot be added to category or tag. This feature is usually used to create About Me pages.
- Comments: this is the house of all of the comments on your blog.
- Appearance : this is where to find your blog themes, widgets, menus, and anything related to the appearance of your blog. As I said before, you can change your theme anytime. Just browse and install a theme and activate it. If there is no perfect theme for you in the free options, you can proceed to purchase the premium theme.
- Plugins : plugins are awesome ways to add the functionality of your blog. And you can do that without wasting any single penny! To add a new plugin, put your cursor on the Plugins button and press Add new.
- Users : if you let somebody else edit and make a post on your blog, you can add new blog authors and set permission.
- Tools : this is a place to import an existing blog from a different platform, so for now you can ignore this button.
- Settings : through this button, you can set the date format, your URL structure, your comment settings, etc.
CONGRATULATIONS! YOU JUST ESTABLISHED A BLOG OF YOURS!
It wasn’t difficult at all, right?
There are 2 kinds of dreamers,
1)one who choose to daydream about it over and over again without any actions, an
2)one who get up and start to chase the dream right away
BE THE SECOND ONE.