Cleaning the wall is probably not anyone’s favorite thing.
But sometimes it becomes so necessary to do, especially when the stain is so embarrassing or simply unpleasant to see.
How could it be removed without re-painting?
Actually, there are easy ways to do it.
Down here is a list of wall-cleaning ideas for different stains.
These tricks are affordable, quick, and easy. You do not need to hire a cleaning team to remove those stains.
So, what are you waiting for? Check them out and try your favorite idea at home!
How to clean crayon stain
That wonderful graffiti might need a little bit of work to clean.
How to clean crayon stains:
- Make a paste of baking soda and some water
- Apply the paste to the stained area
- Use a sponge to scrub it gently
- Wash it with soapy water
- Rinse with clear water
How to clean black mold
- Dilute some baking soda to the water-vinegar mixture.
- Spray the solution to the stained area. Let it sit for few hours and wipe with a damp cloth.
CAUTION: vinegar smells strange and could be bothering. It can also be dangerous. So make sure your windows are open and you are using a mask and a pair of cleaning gloves for sure. You can also mix the solution with essential oil to fight the bad odor.
How to clean a wax stain
- Grab your hair dryer and turn it on to the maximum heat.
- Put it so close to the wax stain so the wax melts.
- Grab some paper towel and quickly wipe the melted wax.
How to clean pen ink stain
- Mix baking soda and water to make a paste.
- Apply the paste to the stained area.
- Let it sit for a few minutes.
- Wipe the paste gently using a clean white cloth.
How to clean permanent marker stain
- Spray the stained area with hairspray [that contains alcohol]
- Wipe it with a white cloth.
- Repeat as needed.
How to remove pencil stain
Oh, check out this awesome affordable thing:
- Wet the corner of a magic eraser.
- Use it to rub the pencil mark
- That’s it 😉
How to remove cigarette smoke stain
CAUTION! USE YOUR GLOVES AND MASK. OPEN YOUR WINDOW TO LET FRESH AIR COME IN.
- Mix 1/2 cup of vinegar, 1/2 cup of ammonia, and 1-2 liters of warm water.
- Soak a sponge in the solution
- Use the rough side of the sponge to rub the stained area.
- Repeat as needed.
- Wash the wall with clear water.
- Wipe using a dry clean cloth.
How to remove the grease stain
- Just mix 2-3 drops of dish soap with a cup of warm water.
- Soak a clean cloth in the solution.
- Use the soaked cloth to rub the stain.
- If this gentle trick doesn’t work, soak the clean cloth with a mixture of vinegar and water and use it to rinse the wall.
- For the last step, don’ forget to wipe it all with a clean dry cloth.
How to remove food stain
- Make a paste of baking soda and water. Apply it to the stained area. Rub it with a clean cloth. Wash with clean water and dry with a clean towel.
- For a stubborn stain, combine a pinch baking soda, some apple cider vinegar, some ammonia, and 2 liters of warm water.
- Put on your gloves and grab a sponge to rub the solution over the stained area.
- Wash with water.
- After that, wipe the area with a dry clean cloth.
How to remove hair dye stain
- Soak the magic eraser
- Squeeze the eraser
- Use it to scrub the stained area in a circular motion
- Wipe it all with a clean dry cloth
I intentionally put cleaning tips for 10 different stains because I understand that every home is different.
Every home has its own story. Maybe the last owner of your current house was a heavy smoker. Maybe your home is full of creative kids. Maybe your home is full of creative chefs.
No matter what kind of wall stain you got on the wall, don’t forget to wear gloves and a mask when it’s needed.